Feb 13, 2012

NBTS Blog Hop - plans for 2012



This is the second post in the NBTHS Blog hop, set up by Kylie at Our Worldwide Classroom:


Our Worldwide Classroom

Bit of cheating going on here, as my "first day" post here is actually our plan for the year.
But I thought I'd use this post as a quick note of all the other non-curriculum whole-child things I have in mind...more emotional or personal goals for our family members.


For November, I'd like to really share my vision of her as an sophisticated, growing-up, independent learner. 


I'd like her to look through my eyes and see the budding elegant young woman that I can see coming through, so that she doesn't feel so impatient with herself to grow up!


I'd like us to do more of the meditation we dabbled with last year.


For July, I'd choose that she relaxed into her own strengths. 


It is hard to be the little sister to an accomplished, driven, racing-to-grow-up big sister...especially when you are quite driven yourself! Even if you are quite determined to be blasé about your achievements : )


I want us to spend more time hanging out, creating together. I think she is one of the most visually creative people I have ever known. Really. And I want to nurture that more this year.


Big wishes for little girls. But  so far we have started this not-back-to-school year with satisfied, happy faces, so maybe these are just the right kind of wishes after all.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'd like her to look through my eyes and see the budding elegant young woman that I can see coming through, so that she doesn't feel so impatient with herself to grow up!
Beautiful!!

Tracey Mansted said...

Thanks Erin : )

Rosemary said...

Lovely, aspirational goals for your girls. They're so beautiful just as they are, maturing beauty takes time - if only we could help them see that.

Tracey Mansted said...

It is hard to convince kids the beauty of taking things slowly! Easier for me to see that for myself as a middle aged mum : ) I too remember just busting to be a grown up and taken "seriously".

Thanks Rosemary!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...