Feb 22, 2012

Learning spaces blog hop



It is time for Part 3 in the NBTS homeschool blog hop organised by Kylie at Our Worldwide Classroom...Learning Spaces!

Our Worldwide Classroom

Recently I posted about our move from dining room table to our dedicated learning space known as "the end room" - so click on over and have a look!

I have really enjoyed this blog hop and I have a special photo here just for Ingi  at Defying Gravity who does lots of cool stuff with her lovely gifted kids and will appreciate a look at our dining room table tonight...

This is what the table looks like WITH a dedicated learning space LOL. 


As you might notice, there is a birthday card from November for Baden Powell's birthday today (founder of Scouts), a mini microscope, a bug catcher, assorted art materials from today's Minoan Ancient Greece art activity, a volcano kit ready to launch into action to devastate Thera and bring the downfall of the Minoans, November's sewing kit, leaves in vases from July's nature study walk, assorted supplements, a huge collection of tiny gorgeous robots in lego from July (including her "Lost Thing" from the Shaun Tan book)...and our dinner!

This is truly a learning space, because it is where we are! It makes me think of the old song - "wherever I lay my hat, that is my home"...for us, like most homeschoolers, wherever the family is, that is the learning space : )

Oh, and a truly lovely moment happened this Monday, July started the first Harry Potter while November started the fifth. Even Perrin our cat is happy about that, as it means more kids in the reading room for more time on laps.


9 comments:

Kylie said...

Looks like our table and we have a room too ;-)

Erin said...

My fav pic is the girls curled up reading:)

Tracey Mansted said...

LOL Kylie - pleased to know it isn't just us!

Tracey Mansted said...

Hi Erin,
Nothing like the love of a good book to thrill a hs mum's heart!

April said...

I too love the pic of the girls reading... I bet that is one clever cat!

Kendra said...

Yep, that's what our table looked like before I put a table in the learning area. Now the computer desk always looks like that!

Tracey Mansted said...

Oh yes - guilty here too! Not only the dining table, but "Mum's desk" in the learning area too :)

Ingi Mc said...

Thank you for making me feel normal (I was feel VERY inadequate after looking at your learning space!). I do however dread to think what your table looked like when you actually used it for homeschooling LOL!

Tracey Mansted said...

Dread is what I would feel at the end of the day, trying to work out where to put the dinner : )
My solution included "buy more tables"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...